- Tuition for the 2019-2020 season is $250 due July 15th. Tuition is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Financial aid is available and based on financial need. A student’s acceptance into the orchestra is need-blind, and is based solely on the student’s ability. Financial aid forms are available on our website and due by July 15th. All applications and financial aid awards are kept strictly confidential. Applicants will be reviewed in the order they are received.
- All rehearsals, except where noted on the calendar, are at Christ United Methodist Church, 350 Saratoga Rd., Buffalo.
- Rehearsals are Sunday afternoons – 3:00-5:00 pm.
- Orchestra members should arrive at rehearsal by 2:45 to set-up, warm-up and be ready to rehearse by 3pm.
- You will be notified of any cancellations by email, website and/or Remind.
- You are expected to practice all parts and come to rehearsal prepared to play to the satisfaction of the conductor.
- Regular attendance at full rehearsals, sectionals and master classes is required.
- Attendance at every dress rehearsal and concert is mandatory.
- Each member is allowed no more than four absences, regardless of the reason. Therefore, any student who is absent for more than four rehearsals may be dismissed from the orchestra. Students with more than four absences may petition the Board for reinstatement.
- If absence, late arrival, or early departure is necessary, you must notify the orchestra manager as soon as possible. Being tardy or leaving early will count as ½ an absence.
- GIRLS: Plain, long skirt, or plain, long (ankle-length) black pants with plain, white top with long (wrist-length) sleeves. All should wear black socks and black leather shoes (closed toe), not sandals.
- BOYS: White (long-sleeve) shirt, black pants, black socks and black leather dress shoes.
- You are responsible for your own music folder. It must be handled with care and returned immediately after the last performance.
- All necessary markings should be made with a pencil. Never use ink or colored pencil. You must carry a pencil in your folder at all times.
- All music must be brought to every rehearsal and concert.
- Seating audition procedures are thoroughly outlined in the Handbook. If you have any questions, contact the orchestra manager.
In the case of bad weather, you will be emailed at the earliest possible time. Listen to the local radio stations or TV channels listed below for cancellation announcements. If you are unsure, call your manager.
WGRZ-TV, Channel 2
WIVB-TV, Channel 4
WKBW-TV, Channel 7
Check the website for information – www.gbyo.net